Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine that promotes natural healing. It is a safe, effective and drug-free health technique where very specific points are stimulated by inserting ultra fine single use needles into the body. Skillfull insertion and manipulation of needles into specific points produce measurable and predictable results in the body.
The World Health Organization and the National Institute of Health has endorsed Acupuncture as being an extremely effective, drug free, non-surgical treatment for numerous conditions including :
- Stress, Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia
- High Blood Pressure, Low Blood Pressure
- Allergies, Dizziness, Low Energy, Chronic Fatigue, Cold Limbs, Asthma
- Headaches, Migraines, Facial Paralysis, Stroke
- Knee Pain, Back Pain, Neck Pain, Muscle Pain, Frozen Shoulder
- Arthritis, Sprains & Joint Pain, Sports Injuries, Carpal Tunnel
- Indigestion, Constipation, Diarrhea, Stomach Ache
- Hay Fever, Sinusitis, Sore Throat, Tinnitus (Ringing In The Ears)
- Acne, Shingles, Bronchitis
- PMS, Menopause Symptoms, Impotence, Infertility, Painful Menstruation
- Morning Sickness, Malposition Of Fetus, Labour Induction
- Anti-aging, Weight Control, Smoking Cessation & Addiction recovery
- Sciatica, Tennis Elbow, Carpal Tunnel
- Gallstones, Kidney Stones, Chronic Gastritis, Ulcers
TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) was developed in China over 2500 years ago originally as a complete form of health care. It has evolved into a complementary form of health care still used and studied extensively around the world. TCM recognizes that disease, dysfunction and disharmony can manifest in the body when any combination of physical, psychological, emotional, environmental stressors present themselves. These stressors can disrupt the normal flow of Qi (life force energy) through out the meridians and organ systems.
Traditional Chinese Medicine works to support the body and its ability to adapt to stressors in all systems of the body. The focus of TCM is on treating the individual person and not the condition.
A Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine uses Acupuncture, Electro stimulation, Herbal Medicine, Moxibustion, Fire Cupping, Gua Sha, Diet Therapy, Massage, and mind body practices such as Qi Gong and Tai Chi to help prevent or treat disharmony.